I believe that you just have to appreciate the simple things in life. I try to teach my kids the same. They see the way Joe and I are. Every day I tell them how lucky we are to have such a wonderful family. We may not have everything according to some people, but to us we have everything. We truly have a loving, healthy & happy family. Some days we have exciting adventures and some days we hang out at home playing games and watching movies. It's important to just be together and enjoy our time together.
Today we watched the first snowfall. I went for a run and I enjoyed watching the snow fall upon the trees. It was quiet and peaceful. The kids stared out the window in between games of "Toy Story" & Dominoes. They received so many toys for Christmas yet they were happy making up their own games together. Ryley at one point said to me, "mommy, we don't really need a lot of toys. we have each other to play with. It warmed my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment