Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Simple fun

A summer Tuesday for us is another adventure day. Lately my kids love riding their bikes. Joe surprised us this morning with a day off. I asked the kids to think about how they wanted to spend their day. Answer - bike riding! I love it. Sometimes that involves Ryley, Joey and Owen flying on their bikes while I jog after them and TJ slowly tries to catch up with his tricycle. Today, we packed up 5 bikes, 5 helmets, a dog, his crate, and bathing suits. We headed down to Grandmas house and Joe gave the kids and I a tour of Secaucus on our bikes. TJ relaxed this time in his little seat attached to mine. He is just too cute! During our ride, a few people said "wow, it's so nice to see a family bike riding together." I remember my days of bike riding with my parents and brothers and how much I loved it. I am happy to keep such a tradition. I think to myself, "why wouldn't everyone with kids want to do this?"

You have to take each day and enjoy it and cherish it. A simple thing like bike riding with your kids can bring such happiness. I cherish every second with my family. It brings such a smile to my face to watch them. I have these 4 amazing little kids that Joe and I created. I think back all the time to the day they were born and I am so proud of what they have become. I can't believe that Ryley, Joey and Owen can now ride on their own without their training wheels. I ride behind them and watch and realize that they are becoming independant. I am proud of them for always trying so hard to learn something new. Then I thank god that I still have one on the back of my bike that I can still call my baby for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment