Sunday, November 13, 2011

Let's play hockey!


It's time! I think Joe has waited for this day for a long time. I can see the look of excitement on his face as he laces up the skates of Joey and Owen. I can also see a couple of tears in his eyes as he hears them talk about playing. Our quiet Sunday mornings have changed a bit. I have now had lessons in "dressing boys for hockey." I didn't realize how involved it really is, but I have to say, I love it. Joe always told me there is just something about hockey. Now I understand what he means, especially since I watched Joey score a few goals today. Then, he looked at me and smiled and then I had tears in my eyes. Joey is getting better and better and I laughed today when I watched him almost try to take someone down with his stick when he was going for a goal. He is just like his daddy! Today was Owens second day on his skates. I was so proud of him. He fell a bunch of times and just kept trying harder and smiling the whole time with that adorable smile he has. My heart melted when Joey went over to check on him and make sure he was OK. Ryley and TJ were there to cheer them on and we had a special visit from GG and Grandpa. Ryley is ready to skate too. I can see a winter ahead of us of skating. Sounds good to me! We like to stick together. I guess we just have to find a small enough pair for TJ to join us! I have also been informed by Joe that I need a pair of hockey skates myself. I sit here now and write this as I watch them outside playing soccer. Time to join them!

No comments:

Post a Comment