Thursday, November 17, 2011

Things do not always go as planned!

I think I have good intentions when planning our days. Sometimes they do not always go as planned. This morning I packed up 3 energetic boys, a more energetic puppy, 2 bikes, a stroller, a dog crate, and lunch. The car was full. I drove 30 minutes to a lake by my parents house. We arrived at the lake and Joey and Owen were all set to go biking, TJ was ready to hang in the stroller, and Hobson was very ready to run his long legs. Of course it takes about 20 minutes to get everyone situated. Finally we are all set, and we take 2 steps, and the "park guy" who was cleaning around the lake informed me that dogs were not allowed. OK, so plan 2 was to walk around the outside area of the lake. It's not as pretty, but I don't think the boys or Hobson care as much I do. Well, first Owen falls off his bike. There are a few tears, but he is OK. The wind then starts whipping around and of course I forgot gloves for the boys. Their hands were freezing. We stopped for a quick lunch break and they all tried to huddle under the blanket as they ate. OK, so maybe this was not the best idea today. We tried to bike some more, but apparently winter arrived today. I must have missed the weather report this morning. It was cold. Owens hands were red! Oops! He jumped in the stroller for the bike ride back. So now I had the double stroller with 2 boys in it, Hobson tied to the stroller and Owens bike on top of the stroller. I gave Joey my gloves for the ride bike and at this point just wanted to get back to the car. Joey was a trooper! He rode the whole way back with no complaints. Finally back at the car! yeah! What next? Hobson gets loose in front of "park guys". They just look at me. I think they know better right now than to say a word to me. Thankfully, Hobson is a good puppy and doesn't run off. He did at first run for the water but thankfully returned. I think the graham cracker I had helped. Sorry Joe! I know he is not supposed to have people food, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Well, finally we were all back in the car and nice and warm. Thank God for drive through Dunkin Donuts. A warm cappuccino and a couple of bagels is comforting to all. The best part is the kids actually said, "mommy that was fun!"

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate!! Ha ha!! I wish I was there, Im sure we would have had a good laugh :)

    ReplyDelete