Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Proud mommy

We belong to our town pool. It's fun and we always have a great time, but we often like to just do our own thing. Sometimes I like it to be just us. I like to watch the kids play together. Yesterday we met up with Heather and her son Drew at her pool. My kids love Heather. Ryley explained to me how much she loved Heather. That turned into a conversation about good friends. I want them to know and understand what a good friend is.

We had a good time at the pool as usual. The Dargan kids have fun doing anything. At the pool, in order to go down the slide, you had to pass a deep water test. The kids didn't mind giving up the slide for the day being that we were only there for a day. After some quality pool time, Joey and Ryley informed me that they wanted to take the test just to see how they would do. The lifeguard told Joey he had to swim 2 laps in the lap pool and it had to be freestyle. I figured oh well, I guess maybe next time since he usually only swims underwater. Joey looked at me and the lifeguard with his daddy's confidence and determination and said "OK". He jumped in the water, swam the 2 laps and finished with a smile. I held back tears in my eyes for being so happy and proud of him. Once Joey was finished, Ryley who was a little nervous, jumped in and did the same. She too finished with a smile and once again I held back tears. I was so proud of them. I love their spirit. The same day, Owen decided to jump into the deep water for the first time and swim to the side. That was a big deal for him. He was so proud and it was adorable. TJ was perfectly happy floating in the little section. He could care less about the deep water right now. He is very proud to float around and do his cute little water dance that he always does. I had a very proud mommy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment