As I write this, I have TJ sleeping next to me in bed. Ryley, Joey and Owen are sleeping in their sleeping bags on the floor. They said, "mommy, can we please sleep on the floor in your room?" It is summer so why not? How much longer will they do this? This summer, Joey, Owen & TJ have slept on the floor in Ryley's room almost every night. I know that someday they will want their own space so why not enjoy it while I have it. It is summer and our theme this summer is that anything goes. Today we went hiking along the river with our cousins. I just watched as the kids threw their shoes and went into the Hudson River knee deep. They were soaked. I watched them try to push a huge log into the Hudson. Their clothes were wet, their shoes were off and their feet were covered in dust and mud. Owen had socks and sneakers on and not a care in the world that they were in the water. They all had a huge smile on their face. Some days or most days with me, you just have to go with it. Enjoy each second especially when you have 4 kids who are so innocent and just living life doing the most simple things.
No comments:
Post a Comment