Tuesday, September 4, 2012

End of summer


I have been in denial the last few days. The dreaded first day of school starts tomorrow. Ryley just came down the stairs crying because she doesn't want to go. I of course had to act strong and tell her everything was going to be fine. I told her she should be excited and she was going to have a great year. I really wanted to tell her that I can't stand school and I wish I could keep them all home and I am more upset than she is at the thought of school beginning. I wish school could be 3 days a week and I sometimes can't stand the fact they they spend more time there during the week than with me. I can't believe Ryley is going into second grade and little Joey is starting kindergarten. I have to send Joey now. I already held him back a year. Well, I at least still have Owen and TJ home with me. Owen starts preschool tomorrow. Thankfully he only goes for 2 hours. TJ starts Monday for a couple of hours and I know I will be an absolute mess then.

We did have a wonderful summer together. We were together every day and did something every day. There were lots of beach days and pool days, cousin days, zoo days, bike riding days, rollerblading days and cuddly mornings. We hiked and we talked and we read and we walked. It was an amazing summer. I just have to remember that and continue to have our time and not get caught up in the crazy school days.

No comments:

Post a Comment