Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy Halloween?

It's November 2012.  I have no pictures to post just yet since my computer is being fixed.  There was no real Halloween this year since Hurricane Sandy payed a visit to New York and New Jersey.  School parades were cancelled and it was too dangerous to go trick or treating.  The kids at least got a chance to dress up and head to the elementary school to have a make shift Halloween and trick or teat at tables instead of houses.  I have to say that the kids were such good sports about it. 

TJ was the cutest dragon ever with his long tail.

Joey was a skeleton which was perfect for his skinny little body.

Owen was the green lantern.  He was very proud and excited to be a superhero.

Ryley was the prettiest pirate.

The Dargan kids rallied.  We all made it through a very cold week with no power, no heat an no electricity.  Joe was away and I was very proud of myself for holding down the fort.  I am proud to say that I can build a great fire and I know how to work a generator.  My, I can do anything, attitude continues.  I did kind of let that attitude go one for night when I packed up the kids and dog and headed to my parents for warmth and company.  I always feel that I can just handle things on my owen and I don't need any help.  The temperature dipped down to 30 Sat night so I figured that was an OK time to screw all that.

The kids were in their glory with GG and Grandpa and I spent some quality time with my parents.  We created a memory.  I slept in my old room and it was comforting to know that my parents were in the next room and Ryley, Joey, Owen and TJ, and Hobson were all safe and warm.  We missed daddy very much but the Dargan kids have one tough mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment