Time really does fly by, but I truly appreciate every second I spend with my family. We had an incredible summer. We spent a week in Lake George in July - just the six of us. (actually 7 since Hobson came). That was one of my favorite weeks. It was just us and sometimes I think that we all need that. I loved watching the kids play together and make their own memories. It creates a closeness and a bond between them. Ryley and Joey learned how to canoe together. Owen and TJ rode along and jumped into the lake with no fear. They found a tree house nearby that they ran to every morning when they woke up. There was no television or any electronics the whole week. They had each other and a beautiful lake and the outdoors. We hiked to a waterfall together and the kids swam in it. Everything was simple, and I sometimes miss the carefree feeling we had that week.
Sea isle was our next trip for the summer. Toes in the water and ass in the sand will never get old. Boogie boarding every day, building sand castles, playing with cousins and watching the sunset at the beach is something we will look forward to every summer. Of course the summer was filled with other adventures. A last minute beach day, a spontaneous trip to a water park and we of course hit the jersey shore boardwalk with our cousins. It may have been one of my favorite summers!
Life really is amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment