Saturday, February 5, 2011

Girl time

Ryley and I went ice skating today. On Sundays, Joe and I usually take Ryley and Joey. (next time we go, we are trying out Owen - oh boy!)

Today, I had an hour and a half alone with my daughter. Every time she said "mommy, I want to hold your hand", I of course loved every second of it. Then, there were a few times where I heard "mommy, let go, I am going to try this on my own." I was proud of her and yet felt just a bit of sadness that she is growing up and will at some point do things on her own. I am teaching her to be a leader, to be confident and proud of herself. I tell her that she is strong and can try and do anything. I tell her to not give up if she doesn't get it at first. She has an amazing spirit and is such a wonderful little girl. She is so sweet and sincere. I look at her with her little braids in her hair and her big brown eyes and I just smile and feel such an overwhelming amount of love. That is my daughter. She is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment