Having 4 kids is wonderful and at times can be very demanding. There is 1 me and 4 of them who all need me in different ways. It's nice sometimes for each of my kids to have their own mommy time.
On Saturday, Joe and I dropped Owen and TJ off at Grandmas house. They felt like they were doing something special and Joe and I had the opportunity to take Ryley and Joey ice skating. It was such a wonderful 2 hours. I really got to see Joey's excitement on learning how to skate with all his hockey gear on. He is getting better each time he goes. He is proud of himself and he should be. I am proud of him as well.
I watched Ryley learn how to skate. She is so determined and I just love her spirit. She will try anything and will keep practicing until she gets it. She is daring and fun and can laugh at herself. I see a lot of myself in her. At one point, Ryley and I skated holding hands. It's amazing. As we skated together, I saw Joey trying his best with a huge smile on his face.
Joe and I and the kids really appreciated that individual time.
No comments:
Post a Comment