School starts next week. Most moms I talk to are excited for this time of year. I am not looking forward to rushing out of the house to catch a bus or packing snacks and lunches. I am in denial so I am just still enjoying summer as if it's not ending. This week, I had 8 kids for lunch on Tuesday, 6 for dinner and a niece sleep over.
Today, our morning started with bike riding at the field along with a picnic lunch. There were older boys playing basketball at the field. Joey watched them in amazement. He hid behind a tree, grabbed the biggest stick he could find, and acted as if he was protecting his grounds and needed to shoot the enemies. The best part was, when the older boys fell to he ground and said "he got me". Joeys eyes lit up. This was the beginning of a half hour battle which made his day. It didn't take long for Owen and TJ to join in. At one point, I heard Joey say to one of the older boys, "hey, not so hard with the stick, I am just a little kid." My goodness, he is cute.
We spent our afternoon on a hike along a nature trail. We took GG, Grandpa and cousin Cailey with us. The Dargan kids were excited to show their cousin one of our spots. So after a bike ride, a hike, a pizza dinner, an hour of running races with Hobson, 4 baths, 4 brushed teeth, and 2 books, I have 4 kids, and I will hear once again, "mommy, what do you want to do today?"
No comments:
Post a Comment