This morning I was forced to wake up at 5 am. It wasn't by choice. It was from the calls of a 1 year old. I tried to be strong and let him cry a bit, but my soft side gave in. With eyes half closed, I very slowly made it into his room hoping with each step that he would just drift back into sleep and give mommy just one more hour. 5 is not reasonable! No luck though. As I opened the door, all I saw was this huge, excited smile and arms stretched out in the air for me. That melted by heart. I was greeted with a wonderful hug that gave me such an incredible feeling. Soon after, another awake. My little guy runs into the living room every morning yelling mommy with such excitement.
There were days in the past when I worked in the city and I would have coffee with friends. Now, with 2 kids still sleeping, I find myself having coffee and cheerios with my 2 year old and 1 year old. As I listen to their laughs and watch them share cheerios and see their smiles,I treasure the time and enjoy my coffee more than I ever have. I now await the wake up of my other 2. A snowstorm on the way will bring a day ahead of making forts, reading books and cuddling.
No comments:
Post a Comment