Sometimes you just have one of those days. It wasn't a bad one but one of those days where you have to run errands and there is just not too much to say about the day, unless you have 4 kids of course. Then, there is always something to say. Ryley and TJ had doctors appointments. On the way to the doctor, Ryley probably asked me 40 times if they were going to stick the big q-tip down her throat. Well, they did. She is not a fan of that, but she did good. TJ, on the other hand started screaming when the doctor opened the door. He actually tried to climb up on my head. As this was going on, Joey for some reason decided he wanted to imitate the doctor and copy him which he has never done before. Owen just kept saying "hi bear". For some reason, he calls everyone bear lately, and he cracks himself up. I proceeded to try to have a conversation with the doctor, while this was going on. The strict mom in me told them to be more polite and they did listen well. The other part of me was holding in my laughter. We made it through the appointment! yeah!
Then, for some reason, I had this great idea to take 4 kids to Shoprite when it was getting close to nap time. OK, it was wasn't the smartest decision. I should have turned around when I noticed the parking lot was full, but of course I continued. I had to get one of those carts that have the car in it that you can barely push through the isles. I just needed a few things and was determined to get through the store. We actually made it through with no casualities or breakdowns, but we still had to checkout. That's when things went downhill. Ryley, Joey & Owen were in a race to take the food out of the cart. For some reason, they just always want to take the same item out of the cart. I will never understand it. Then it was time to bag the groceriies. I have to admit. My kids are always willing to help. They helped bag all the food but it somehow turned into a fight with the bags. Owen couldn't fit 2 boxes of cereal in the bag and lost it. He threw his bag which hit Joey which then messed up Joeys bag. Joey was not happy. They were then determined to carry their own bags out. Owen's bag was bigger then he was, and he was just getting so mad that he couldn't carry it. This turned into the dreaded tantrum drop to the floor. That's the one where people just stare at you. My normal looks of "your kids are so well behaved" turned into "oh my god, that poor woman" Thankfully, I am very patient and I can laugh at things. Ryley and I did laugh because it just got crazy for 5 minutes. You know what, it happens. It's not the first time nor will it will be the last. You just have to ignore the looks, smile and get the hell out. We made it home. I wasn't mad, or upset. It's part of being a mom. I am proud of my kids. They really are well behaved. Sometimes, they may have a "moment". It doesn't last. I love them for who they are. I look back now and think how cute Owen was for being so determined to carry his own bags. He was proud of himself. OK, so he just got a little upset when it didn't go his way. As Joe would say, our kids are just very passionate!
No comments:
Post a Comment