Monday, March 15, 2010

Sleeping babies

This past weekend, we were lucky enough to have a bad storm that produced a lot of rain and of course as a bonus, we lost power. So, there were no exciting adventures to parks or zoos or jungle gyms. It didn't matter to the Dargan kids. They were just as entertained at the idea that we had no power and we had to use flashlights. It's amazing how much fun kids could have with the most simple things in life. After a day of no power, the nighttime was approaching and the idea of no lights was starting to sink in. Some of the excitement wore off and fears took over. Ryley was afraid of the dark and Owen was afraid of shadows. There were some tears and a couple of fights, but they stayed calm. Sunday night, the kids and I decided to head to GG and Grandpas for a sleepover. Ryley, Joey and Owen were so excited that they jumped up and down. It was so cute. It was also 9 o'clock at night and I was tired, and the kids were tired. All I wanted at this point was for the kids to go to bed so I could just have 1 hour of me time. They finally fell asleep. I went back in to check on on them and just stared at them with such a feeling of love. I just adore how they look when they are sleeping. No matter what kind of day I have had or no matter what kind of mood the kids have been in; when I see them sleeping so peacefully at night, it just makes me appreciate everything. It's like nothing else matters. Owen was sleeping so closely to Joey and he had his arm around him. Ryley was in the bed next to them. She looked beautiful. I kissed them all about 100 times and I told them I loved them. I could just hear their sweet breathing. I checked on TJ and he was in my favorite position (on belly with but in air) So cute!! Seeing your kids sleeping just makes you happy and makes you feel lucky for what you have. It makes any stress you have go away. The love you have for your children is so powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment